Moments after a child is vaccinated...Does he/she experiences a mild case of the disease?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• It depends on the vaccine.
    Every vaccine causes an immune system response. But some vaccines are made from a live (but weak) version of the virus - those actually cause the disease and the child can actually pass it to other people.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:41 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Mine did when she had the chicken pox vac
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:58 AM on May. 27, 2009

• OH, MOMENTS... sorry I read it wrong, it wasn't moments... it was more like a week after... sorry!
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:59 AM on May. 27, 2009

• When we went for the second visit as soon as we got home our son had fever and was crying for almost 1 hour. We had the dr on the phone and he prescribed tylenol. Never occurred to us that it could be a mild case of the disease as you stated. I'll ask @ the next visit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on May. 27, 2009

• With all 3 of my children I gave them a dose of Tylenol at the pediatrician's office as soon as we got into the exam room so that it kicked in before the nurse came in with the vaccinations. I kept an eye on them and their temps and just gave them more Tylenol if they had a slight temp or red bump on their leg where the vacc was given. They never had any adverse reactions or showed any symptoms of the "disease" that the vacc was for, though.
    Also, I never gave my children the chicken pox vacc. I preferred for them to get them naturally, which all 3 did.
    And I'm not going to allow them to have the cervical cancer vacc since it doesn't run in our family and only prevents certain cervical cancers - not all. Why inject them with something that their body may never need?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:36 AM on May. 27, 2009

• "Moments" after it won't happen. It's a possibility, but it won't be "moments" after they have received the vaccine.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:17 AM on May. 27, 2009

• moments? No. It usually takes some time for the disease to hit. BUt yes, vaccines cause a mild cause, usually so mild you don't even knwo your child has it. They will probably respond to the pain and burning of the injections moments after.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on May. 27, 2009

• How would you know I mean these are babies they can't tell you what they are feeling?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Because diseases have symptoms and you would notice the symptoms of a disease.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on May. 27, 2009

• anon Because diseases have symptoms and you would notice the symptoms of a disease.

what are the symptoms of a headache in an infant?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on May. 27, 2009