what to do now?

My daughter is beautiful, very smart, and pushing me closer to a nervous break down. At school she is rude and disruptive. She is constantly being sent to the office, as of now she is in a cubby hole away from all other students. She is good at twisting your words and do what you told her not to be cause you were not specific enough. At home she is rude, does not listen to anything you say. When its time for her to go to bed or if she is grounded she will come out of her room to ask any question she can think to relvent or not. I have sat down with her, we had a program called HOME come in, she is in therpy, I take her and stay at her girl scouts meetings, we even have a big sister for her. I have tried having one on one time with her. I dont know what else to do. It doesnt matter what I say or what I do or take from her she just doesnt care. I am wondering if anyone is having simular problem and how are you handling it. Thank

busymommy06

Asked by busymommy06 at 7:04 AM on May. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have a problem like this, but my daughter is PERFECT at school. The teachers and staff are constantly telling me what an angel she is... but that halo falls off as soon as she gets home. I'm not quite sure how to fix it yet but I wanted you to know you're not alone... and it sounds like yours might have ODD... it's a behavioral issue, you might wanna google it.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:20 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I was going to say the same as PP. I think ODD sounds about right. (It isn't a choice to act that way sometimes, it could be the way her brain interprets the authority figure) Google it and see if you think it fits and talk to her Dr. about your thoughts. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Maybe she's trying to get your attention. Does she have younger siblings?
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 12:22 PM on May. 27, 2009