How many hours a day does your child watch tv?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• 1hr in the morning.
    1hr midday
    1hr afternoon when brother comes from school
    1hr with daddy when he comes from work
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on May. 27, 2009

• My son is 1 year old. above poster
    Anonymous

• It changes everyday. Somedays when its raining My kids will watch movies all day. When its nice out they may only watch an hour. They are 3 -5- 9 YO. (the 9 yo is not that into watching tv)
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 7:29 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Less than 2 hours per week.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:24 AM on May. 27, 2009

• We play in the living room and most of the time the tv or music is on! Like now Mickey Mouse Club house is on but he is sitting in the floor reading a book! Hopefully soon he will be on a different schedule.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:40 AM on May. 27, 2009

• For some reason my kids don't watch tv. They are active, like to be outdoors, socializing w/ friends, doing physical activities and sports and spending time w/ family in the kitchen and relaxing in the family room. TV in this house is like prelude to bedtime something calm and quiet to help u settle down to bed.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 8:42 AM on May. 27, 2009

• they don't watch t.v. every day so they probably watch three hours a week.
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 8:56 AM on May. 27, 2009

• 30 minutes a day max
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:01 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Don't... we don't do cable or standard stations.... 2x's a week we have movie night.
    If we need the news we are online. Gs has his own pc as we do. Gs is limited on his pc for the exception of rain days or heavy snow days.... :) otherwise he is outside playing...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:48 AM on May. 27, 2009

• When my son was a baby he never watched TV. We turned it on for the first time for him when he was 3 1/2. He watches maybe 3 hours in a week. We are not big TV watchers. My husband and I have shows we DVR and watch after our son has gone to bed. I really don't want him watching much he has such a great imagination why ruin that with the idiot box.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on May. 27, 2009