What are some good, quick easy eats for nights when you run from one activity to the next???

No time to cook, just grab time! (Like it to be healthy!)

mermaid314

Asked by mermaid314 at 7:44 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If there is ZERO time to cook, then munchies are great. cut some cheese into cubes, I like whole wheat fig nutons and fruits like bananas oranges and apples also baby carrots and beef jerky and dry cereal. it takes a few minutes to get ready early in the day, just keep some baby wipes for the hands and a couple zip locks for the trash.
    If you do have time to cook, pre cook a meal the night before (spaghetti is fast and easy and you can add a ton of veggies in the sauce) and just heat it up it'll take 10 minutes to reheat with the noodles already cooked as well.
    AtlantaMomOfOne

Answer by AtlantaMomOfOne at 8:50 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Pre make salads, pasta salads, and/or sandwiches and just grab them when you need to. Make them the same day or the day before.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:54 AM on May. 27, 2009

• sandwiches or carry out/ drive through. some times ya just gotta wing it. been there done that! I hate those nights that everybody is on a different schedual.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:12 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I keep sweet potato and black bean burritos in the freezer for quick meals and snacks. We always have a box of lettuce and bag of broccoli slaw for quick salads.
    I have a bunch of 20 minute dinners, like broccoli and noodles with peanut sauce. Send me a message if you would like some recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:18 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Thats when I use my crock pot. You can make stews, chilis, and you can bake potatoes in it or make meatloaf among many other things. You can get a decent crock pot for less than $50 and it will save you SO much cooking time! You just put your stuff in in the morning and when you get home at night, its done.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:35 PM on May. 27, 2009