My daughter is 2 1/2 and wakes up from bad dreams every night. Anyone else dealing with this??

ihave3turkeys

Asked by ihave3turkeys at 7:59 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is that age and she doesn't wake up in the middle of the night. If she does I let her cry for as long as it takes me to use the restroom to pee and wash my hands and if she is still crying I go in her room but if she isn't then I go back to bed. That way if I get stuck in her room for awhile at least I don't have to use the bathroom. Maybe talk to her pediatrician about it.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:51 AM on May. 27, 2009

• what is your bedtime routine? sometimes the wrong cartoons or wrong books can leave images in their heads that come back in dreams. not to mention the help of toddler imagination making the dreams that much worse. some kids do have night terrors. we put on light music for DS every night. he sleeps through most of it,but rarely wakes up from bad dreams.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 9:35 AM on May. 27, 2009

• It's normal. My ds did this for months at that age and we couldn't calm him for an hour. My dd did not go through this at all.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:36 AM on May. 27, 2009