Do you think it would be weird...

If i painted my two month olds toe nails pink? ha.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know about weird, I'd ask the doc it it's okay because the paint could irritate her skin and the fumes might be too harsh for her. Plus it would be so hard to paint those tiny toes!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:47 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Nail polish is full of toxic chemicals that get absorbed through the skin.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:49 AM on May. 27, 2009

• i am just joking... but i cant wait to be able to take her to get a pedicure with me and do girl mom & daughter things... i would never paint my two month old daughters toe nails.... ( but i know women who have ).... Just a fun question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on May. 27, 2009

• its fine , thats her opinion and she is entitled to it.... do i think its a little judgmental , yes.... does it matter.... no....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on May. 27, 2009

• They make non-toxic child friendly nail polish... that being said. I've painted my daughters nails since she was 3 months old (not all the time but for easter and christmas and her birthday etc..) I asked my doc if it was alright. I was told that as long as it was non-toxic and I dont' use nail polish remover, it would be fine. Don't worry about people judging you... they'll do it no matter what you do, so enjoy your girly mom and daughter bonding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't. But, have thought about it. I also can't wait to do that to my DD. But, really, I know someone who painted her daughters toes at 1 month! Really! I didn't say anything to her about it....but, nail polish is full of bad chemicals.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:14 AM on May. 27, 2009

• http://www.piggypaint.com/

Not ALL nail polish is full of chemicles. This is just ONE example. so go ahead and paint your daughters nails.. it's SAFE and pretty.

you'll find more chemicles in you're childs lotions and baby soaps then anywhere else.. so for the moms that scream that there are chemicles in nail polish.. did you hear about there being toxic chemicles in large name brand baby bath and lotions? You can find non-toxic just about anything for your child if you do your research.
    AtlantaMomOfOne

Answer by AtlantaMomOfOne at 9:59 AM on May. 27, 2009

• QUOTE:Not ALL nail polish is full of chemicles. This is just ONE example. so go ahead and paint your daughters nails.. it's SAFE and pretty.

This is all true but a lot of parents wouldn't spend $10 on a bottle of a chemically safe nail polish. I was referring to store bought nail polish that most people have when I said they are all full of chemicals. And I have done my research and we don't use anything but natural soap, lotion, etc. for our daughter.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:09 AM on May. 27, 2009

• It's great having girls. I have three and sometimes we will just have a girls spa day. We get all silly and giggly. Poor hubby is just bewildered by the whole thing...but a great sport about it.

Folks the point of the thread is enjoying your little girl, not nail polish.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:07 PM on May. 27, 2009