Breastfeeding is starting to hurt.

My LO is 10 months old and I've been breastfeeding and have had no problems with it. But lately it has been so painful when my LO breastfeeds! My nipples aren't dry and cracked and I took a pregnancy test and I am not pregnant. Do you know why they are hurting soooo bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you notice any discoloration or hardness? I had a yeast infection (luckily, my ds didn't get thrush) and also had mastasis. Ugh. TMI - my nipples burned. Also, you may have a plugged duct. Good luck... warm showers & washclothes helped me!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:48 AM on May. 27, 2009

• It could be a plugged duct or mastitis(hopefully not this). But for a plugged duct, massage the breast and nipple area with warm compresses or stand in the shower with running hot water and massage your breast, this will almost always release the clog. Another method is to latch your baby with his chin right where it hurts and this will also release the clog. As for mastitis, its an infection and should be checked by a doctor. I know the pain believe me, good luck <3
    DeviledEgg

Answer by DeviledEgg at 9:55 AM on May. 27, 2009