Crib?

When did you put your LO in the crib?.... My daughter is just about two months old and still sleeps in the pack and play next to my bed... sometimes she co-sleeps but its rare.... Im so scared to put her in her crib... like something will happen and i wont be there in time to help her or that i wont hear her, even though i have monitors....

When did you put your baby in the crib and if you had anxiety how did you handle it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I put my son and daughter in their cribs at 4 weeks. The pack and play has a touch mattress and is not comfortable for a baby. My doctor has explained to me that a pack and play is just for play and not for sleep. It can cause back pain. anyway, Every mom has anxiety about leaving their baby in another room for the first time. It is something you have to do for yourself and your baby. and trust me you want to cut out the co sleeping as soon as possible. My son is 3 years old and a co sleeper thanks to my mom and I hate it with a passion. i love my son to death but it is like sleeping with a freakin mule. I have bruises all over my back from his feet. You would think I am being abused.LOL.
    Make sure there is nothing in her crib, lay her down and let her go to sleep, check on her a few times then go to bed. she will be fine. You will hear her especially if you have a monitor. Your instincts will not let you miss her crying.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:00 AM on May. 27, 2009

• When we brought them home from the hospital. There's nothing that can happen in the crib that can't happen in a pack-n-play next to your bed or in your bed with you.

Just turn the monitor way up. You'll hear her.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:03 AM on May. 27, 2009

• With my dd (18 months) She slept in a pack and play until 6 months old. Thats when I felt I was ready for her to move into a crib. sometimes I cosleep with Jacob (9 weeks) but rare also. But he sleeps in his pack and play for now until 6 months.
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 9:18 AM on May. 27, 2009

• My daughters crib is in our BR it more me not letting her sleep in her room and she a year old im not ready to have her in a different room yet and i know it's time but you can put the baby in there crib now she will be fine you can also still have her in your room if thats the facter.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:26 AM on May. 27, 2009

• We put our DD in her crib at 3 mo I think. It was still in our room though. We switched her to her room at 4 mo. If you have anxiety, don't switch! There's no rule that says you have to :) Do what feels best for you, I am all about instinctual parenting. Do what feels right and what makes baby happy!
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 9:31 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I put my son in his crib when he was about 3 months. The baby monitors these days are so sensative that you can actually hear them breathing. The one we have in our home even monitors movement so I can see when he is moving around in there. Its so normal to feel anxious that first week or two, I did and so did most my friends. My advice as a mom is to go with your gutt, dont feel silly for checking up on your child several times at first...we all do it! The truth is that the crib truly is a safe and the mattress is much more comfy for baby than a pack and play. Good luck and do what you feel is right, no one knows your baby like you do.
    myakita3

Answer by myakita3 at 9:40 AM on May. 27, 2009

• we put ours at a month old in her own room and crib
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:38 AM on May. 27, 2009

• about a month old..it was hard at first, but now she nows the cribs for sleep and does great!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 11:27 AM on May. 27, 2009