If DD or DS wake up early like 2 hours early what do you do to keep the entertained do you try to dose back off?

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 8:56 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Be careful about the tv because it's early routine! I have avoided it only because I have several friends who have warned me... they didn't want to have the tv on every morning, but when their kids woke up obscenely early, like 5:30 or 6, they just turned on PBS kids and dozed. Then it became an "every morning" thing. So we've made a point of not doing it at all and are happy about it... If my girls wake up two full hours before their normal time, I go into their rooms, talk as little as possible, and sit with them, rub their backs, sing softly, etc. It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. If it doesn't, there will often be an extra nap that day, and I try to take that nap, too...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:34 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I don't try and entertain my kids when/if they wake up too early. If it's because of a wet/dirty diaper then I put them back in bed. If they are older than that they can stay in their room - which I know is safe since it's baby proofed - and play or whatever. Usually my kids will fall back to sleep. The earliest I will get up is 6. Any earlier than that and my kids will have to go back to bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on May. 27, 2009

• If my 18 month old daughter gets up (no matter what time it is) in the morning, I get her up, change her diaper, get her clothes changed and breakfast fed. I don't try to dose off back to sleep. I don't care how safe my kids room is, if my kids are awake so am I. even if i am walking around like a zombie. Iknow when nap time comes around i am going back to sleep too if I don't get enough sleep the night before.

Both my son (3) and daughter (18 months) sleep until 8 almost every morning. This morning though my son woke up at 645. he wouldn't lay back down to go to sleep so we just played in the bed under the sheets until sissy woke up.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:05 AM on May. 27, 2009

• My daughter is up at 6 am anymore when it used to be 8 or 9. I let her play in her crib for a little bit but I can hear her and once she starts getting fussy i get her up, change her and feed her and then she goes down for a nap at 9 and then if I want to go back to bed I do but I usually just keep on with my day.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:18 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I was just asking because my DD is 2 1/2 and woke up from a nightmare and then i brought her to my room and she calmed down i turned on the TV cause it was 5 am and i am still beat also hoping she'd fall asleep dh went to work and bet the mess out of me for the rest of the morning i can't take a "nap" because i work so i was dosing in and out. now i'm tired
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 9:23 AM on May. 27, 2009

• My son was up at 4:30 this morning, I held him until he fell back asleep and then put him back in his room in bed. He got up at 6, since I was still tired my husband got up with him.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 9:28 AM on May. 27, 2009