feeding> how much> and when

my son is 4 weeks old he drinks 4 oz bottles.. when do u switch to 6 oz and 8oz botttles he sleeps well.. but last night we gave him 2 oz at 6 then at 830 we gave him a 4oz bottle and he slept til 3am then 4oz bottle 830am ( this morning) 4oz.. so my question is how can i get him to sleep through the night

1sttymmom409

Asked by 1sttymmom409 at 9:50 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he is 4 weeks its gonna be a while
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:55 AM on May. 27, 2009

• My son switched over to 6 oz maybe around 8 weeks or so, I cant completely remember, but he never went up to 8 oz. Six was always plenty for him. Hes only 4 weeks so even though its possible, most babies dont acheive that until 2-3 mos and even some are more than that. If you feel that hes still hungry or wanting food before 3 hrs is up, maybe try him out at 5-6 oz. You will know if youe given him too much because he will spit it up. Trial and error mom....trial and error.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:45 AM on May. 27, 2009