Do BOBs expire?

I realized my BOB's been around for almost SIX YEARS. Granted he was heavily used the 1st year I got him when I was single and then I met my DH and here we are now.

So my question is, do they expire? Should I get a new one? Do they have a use by date? BOB is always cleaned very well with soap and rubbing alcohol but I couldn't help but to think maybe it's time for him to retire.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Only if there are holes in it. Oh - wait - that's a condom...
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 9:57 AM on May. 27, 2009

• What is a BOB?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Battery Operated Boyfriend
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Doesn't anybody know? And why's everybody anonymous? OMG. We're discussing vibrators! Run for your lives!!!
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 10:26 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Only if the batteries and the motor dies. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I wouldnt think so...but do they dry rot? Check for that, but if not, then I would say your good to go, if you still use it, that is.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:42 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I have no idea. But I am enjoying the replies.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 10:42 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Unless it is broken why get rid of it. I have 9 BOB's love variety I guess.lol Some are older than others. My favorite one is a 12 incher with and adorable dolphin on it. It is 7 years old. Works fine still. I would check it out if it is in good shape keep it. I am married and still use mine daily.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I have a small suitcase full of them. I hope they don't expire or I'm out a lot of money! Make sure you don't wash them with regular soap. Use something like Summer's Eve feminine wash to keep the ph balance correct and use a spray disinfectant made for the vibrator not straight alcohol. That can eat up the material and it might crumble inside you which might cause an infection. Personally I put a condom on mine. Not afraid of pregnancy but some of the more porous materials harbor germs even if cleaned well and you can get a NASTY yeast infection. Condoms are cheaper than monistat!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 AM on May. 27, 2009