I ran in to this question on another site and wanted to post it here for a wider audience.

Do you believ that animal & human sacrificing is ok as long as it is for a ritual that will result in the greatter good??

*I am neither condoning or condemning any type of sacrifice with this question. Just wanting answers from people of more than one faith.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:04 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, because I wouldn't think it would actually be a sacrifice YOU are making, I think it would just be killing an animal and expecting something good to happen because of it. When I think of sacrificing for the better, I think of us giving up something that is of no benefit to us, and maybe causes problems. I think then we will reap the benefits of giving up something we didn't want to, but something that we didn't need anyway, because it only hindered us.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on May. 27, 2009

• No not at all.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:21 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I would've said no before...

but after witnessing the nightmarish massacre (aka "sacrifice to God") myself & having my kids traumatized from witnessing it from our own front yard --- HELL NO!!

The authorities told me these psychopaths were protected under "freedom of religion".... I guess, roughly translated, that means "they can torture & decapitate animals all they want in plain view of the entire neighborhood & you just have to raise your kids across the street from a makeshift outdoor slaughterhouse"
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:25 AM on May. 27, 2009

• No!
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:40 AM on May. 27, 2009

• no, it's not right. Try offering god some fruit instead, that is what Hindu's do. It's fresh & yummy, less messy, & I'm sure god would appreciate a yummy mango instead of a bloody cat.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:46 AM on May. 27, 2009

• http://search.isp.netscape.com/nsisp/boomframe.jsp?query=sacrificial+animals+in+today%27s+world&page=1&offset=0&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3D58f1e41e9a4b332c%26clickedItemRank%3D7%26userQuery%3Dsacrificial%2Banimals%2Bin%2Btoday%2527s%2Bworld%26clickedItemURN%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fall-creation.franciscan-anglican.com%252Fatonement.htm%26invocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3DNSISPResultsT%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fall-creation.franciscan-anglican.com%2Fatonement.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 27, 2009

• No, because that would be infringing upon the rights of another human being or another living being. In biblical times, animals were much less revered and I am sure they didnt ask their opinion before killing them...LOL.....I believe in the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but not when you are crossing over to infringe upon those same rights in another life, whether it be human or animal. I know there are other mideastern religions that still sacrifice animals. Not sure which ones.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:02 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Also reading the first poster made me think of this....when you sacrifice something like an animal or a human, you are taking THEIR life, therefore its not really a personal sacrifice. A sacrifice should be something YOU give up in order to get the desired outcome. We dont have the right to make someone else pay for our offering. That may have been what she was trying to say.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:04 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Laura....thats terrible. I can;t believe they allowed that, especially in a neighborhood when you have neighbors. My neighbors in my other house were hunters. I live in GA, so hunting is popular but anyway, they would string the deer up on the basketball goal and it upset my children SO badly. I am not against killing deer for food because I understand that they would be overpopulous if not and I think deer meat is fine, but I DONT WANT TO SEE IT! and neither did my kids. We are much more compassionate than that. They just didnt seem to care.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:06 AM on May. 27, 2009

• being a satanist, i dont believe in harming people or animals, so no i could never do it

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 11:07 AM on May. 27, 2009