What are some fun things I can do with my 2 1/2 year old little girl during the day?

I am a SAHM. What should I be teaching her and what are some activties that we can do?

momoflilangel

Asked by momoflilangel at 10:16 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://www.worldbook.com/wb/Students?curriculum/preschool
    This can tell you EVERYTHING your child can be working on to prepare her for preschool. Work on what you think is reasonable with your child....
    Look up toddler crafts. read alot. learn address. real names of mom & dad & other family members. role play important people in your community (cop, drs. libriarian, teacher, mail man, ect).. do as much diffrent stuff with her as you can. take her to childrens museums, library time, zoo, expose your dd to as much diffrent stuff as possible, music, dance, books, places, experiences. it is said to help raise their IQ & they have so much fun in the process!
    Let her guide you on what she likes. Dont forget that playing alone sometimes is good too! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:01 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Walk her around the yard and show her flowers, bugs and stuff. They love new discoveries.
    KRISTAL_WILDER

Answer by KRISTAL_WILDER at 10:43 AM on May. 27, 2009

• ABCs, 123s, colors, shapes, days of the week, time, coloring, animals, flashcards, etc.
    If you have a school/teacher's supply store, go in and check out the age appropriate material/ activity books they have there. If teachers use it, then you can too.
    Also, you can check out your public library. They have programs for children where they are learning and are fun. Check out some books that you and she pick out and read everyday. Go for a theme each week to make it even more fun.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 10:47 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Oh check out your library- it will probley have a homeschooling section & it will have tons of books on preschool activities that your dd may find alot of fun! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:02 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I
    NDAUGHERTY

Answer by NDAUGHERTY at 12:57 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I take my daughter to the library a couple of times a week for schedual programs and she loves it. We also found a playgroup and go to that once a week. We take daily walks in her wagon while she eats a snack and has a sippie. We go to the thrift store and I get her a cheap little toy and look at all the stuff. Feeding the ducks at the park, etc.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• try looking for a mommie and me class. message me i have tons of kid friendly web sites all free you can printout whats age app.
    Bellaaa

Answer by Bellaaa at 1:10 AM on May. 29, 2009