Please let me know if i have the right info about this

ok, so i just want to see if i got this information correctly...braxton hicks contractions arent painful, and it just feels like your stomach (uterus) tightening wich can feel like the baby "balling up"...and i know theyre usually not regular, but ive been having them for a few hours now, between 5-10 minutes apart..also im 40 weeks 4 days, 2cm and 75% effaced..just want to know if im right about what im feeling..

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 10:16 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My first labor contractions felt like gas pains and then they got stronger and painful. I don't know if that helps at all.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:17 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Honestly my braxon hicks do hurt sometimes and sometimes they are just so strong the pressure stops me in my tracks but I know they are braxton hicks because they are irregular and I'm only 34 weeks.

It sounds to me like your in the very early stages of labor. Women can be in this stage for a few hours and sometimes a few days. The contractions will eventually become regular and more painful. Wait until your contractions are 4 minutes apart for 1 hour and last 1 minute long.

Things like sex (if your water is still intact), walking, swimming, drinking raspberry leaf or cumin tea, and nipple stimultion can help bring the contractions into a regular, effective pattern.

GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Get up and walk. If they are for real they will get stronger and closer together, if they are not, they should lessen. GL :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:28 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Braxton Hicks can be painful, it really depends on the woman. Most women don't feel them or only have slight discomfort. But it sounds to me like you are in labor.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:29 AM on May. 27, 2009

• It can be as painful as a menstal crap. Thats what ti will feel like. Labor will feel like the same type of feeling but 100 times worse lol.
    KRISTAL_WILDER

Answer by KRISTAL_WILDER at 10:41 AM on May. 27, 2009

• my Braxton Hicks were really bad, I went to the hospital 2 times and got sent home because they stalled there...when I got induced the actual labor pains were extremely painful...just walk around and if they get worse and closer it's labor, if it's BH they'll go away. But it's true when they say you know the labor pains because when I was in labor I was about to cry and I was grabbing the side of the hospital bed and yelled at my doctor when he told me to relax. If anything you can always call your doctor, thats what I did and then I found out it was false labor.
    hope that helps...good luck!!!
    Newyorkbabii

Answer by Newyorkbabii at 11:21 AM on May. 27, 2009

• At 40 weeks I would say these are not braxton hicks, but the real thing. In the early stages they are often very slight. I would be getting up and walking to get things moving and when they get to intense to stand it anymore then head to the hosptial.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:17 PM on May. 27, 2009