any issues with anger?

i have a 5 year old boy who was diagnosed with adhd about a year ago and just recently diagnosed with ODD. he is set to start kindergarten this fall, we already have an IEP plan set up. but i am afraid that he will lose his temper in school and hurt someone! anyone else have this concern? please???

redsindian

Asked by redsindian at 10:32 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Why do you think he will lose his temper in school and hurt someone? My son is ADHD and is not violent. If you are that concerened with it, he needs to be in counseling to teach him how to deal with is anger issues before it becomes a problem. I also think that at 5, he is too young to be diagnosised with ADHD. My son wasn't diagnosised until 4th grade and I had to fight with his doctor to do the diagnosis. Get him to a good counselor that deals with kids and work with him or her and with the school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:43 AM on May. 27, 2009

• he was diagnosed at the age of 3 and was dealt with by using behavior modifications.....up until about 6 months ago....he now takes daily medications and was diagnosed with ODD as well (oppositional defiant disorder) HE DOES GO TO COUNSELING! and i'm sorry but i asked if you had the same concerns no opinions on wether or not he truely has ADHD!
    redsindian

Answer by redsindian at 8:31 AM on May. 31, 2009