Breast Augmentation question

I've decided I'm finally doing this in September. I will probably get the implants under the muscle. If anyone has done this, I would like to know how it went for them (recovery, pain, etc.) I want to know what to expect. When I talked to a surgeon several years ago, he told me it would feel like I got hit by a train for the first 3 or so days. Since I've never been hit by a train, I can only imagine what that would feel like..so I thought I would ask what you all thought it felt like. Also, any advice?
Thanks!

amymarie0315

Asked by amymarie0315 at 10:40 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I say dont get one unless you really really want one. If you do i wouldnt worry about the pain because it would be so worth. I talked to a girl and she told me it wasnt that bad.
    KRISTAL_WILDER

Answer by KRISTAL_WILDER at 10:46 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Ok.. thank you. So I AM getting one.. that's not the question. I've wanted it since I was 13 (I'm 24 now.. and nothing's changed, except that I can actually get one now :) )
    I maybe didn't make my question clear enough.. I want to hear experiences with those who got one and got it done under the muscle.
    amymarie0315

Answer by amymarie0315 at 10:49 AM on May. 27, 2009

• ...that wasn't supposed to sound rude, but to reiterate that I am in fact getting one, I'm not asking if I should.
    amymarie0315

Answer by amymarie0315 at 11:02 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I worked for a Plastic Surgery Center, and I also had the implants done. Under the muscle is the best way to go unless you are a body builder. The best way to describe how you will feel after surgery is, you have a elephant sitting on your chest. The recovery time is approx 3-5 day, I went back to work 2 days later, little sore, but not bad. I hope this helps, and Good Luck to you
    SusanJ123

Answer by SusanJ123 at 4:05 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I had it done 4 years ago. It wasn't bad for me. I had them placed under the muscle and I felt fine. The first day was kind of hard because I couldn't get up by myself, but I experienced more pain when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I went to Las Vegas for a wedding within 2 days and I walked the stip without a problem.The doctor went through the belly button so you can't tell I ever had anything done! (which is great!) It took a little while to feel totally natural though because I wasn't used to the size, but after a few month they felt natural. Good for you! I am glad you are doing it. You will be so happy and the pain isn't that bad! Don't worry!
    Anonymous

• I want them done too so I'm glad you answered this question. To the anon above my surgeon I went to a consult with said they refused to do it through the belly button because its not safe and its really hard to get them to where they aren't crooked is that true? I have had three friends who all said it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. One said she was just sore it wasn't even real pain she had a baby that she breast fed so I wonder if that doesn't help with the pain since the skins already stretched out. One said it was extremely uncomfortable for about three days then gradually got better she was 19 though and tiny. The other said she wished she'd gone bigger. She said not to get it done around the areola bc the scar looked weird and made her nipples look stretched after she had another baby. All the advice I have!
    Anonymous

• Not to flaunt my size or anything, but I want mine reduced! Maybe they can take it from me and give it to you! LOL (Want some of my butt too???)
    chelsea_renee

Answer by chelsea_renee at 2:21 AM on May. 28, 2009

• If only it were that easy, Chelsea! And you should know I don't need any help in the butt department!

Thank you everyone who responded! I am SO excited! September can't get here fast enough! Elephant sitting on me.. that is something that can help me imagine what it will feel like! Thank you all again!
    amymarie0315

Answer by amymarie0315 at 9:49 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Reply to Anon about the belly button. I think if you find a good surgeon they won't have a problem going through the belly button. I called several places and they said it was dangerous, increased risk of infection and all that. I never heard of crooked though! lol! They aren't crooked, trust me. As I did more and more research I found that if the doctor has enough experience they are able to go through the belly button. I even asked the doctors that said they could do it why some doctors refuse too, the answer was pretty much the same every time "lack of experience." So the only thing I can recommend and I strongly recommend is that you don't bargain shop, you get what you pay for. Find yourself a REALLY GOOD SURGEON. Good luck! = )
    Amymarie0315 you are going to feel great Congrats! = )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on May. 28, 2009

• It wasnt so bad. It hurts like hell. And you wont be able to wash your hair for about 2-3 days. It's hard to lift your hands up that high. (so wash it before you go!) I stayed at my mom's after mine. And mostly just slept alot from the pain pills. If you've got little ones, you will need some help! You will not be able to pick them up or lift anything! And i was cut underneath my breast. I'm not sure where your going in thru. I've had mine for 8 years now.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:06 PM on May. 28, 2009