ok another teething question

So, If your LO teethed for a while, how long did you give them tylonol at night for? Like how many consecutive nights, or did you alternate? I just feel a little iffy about giving him so much medicine, but without it he has a hard time sleeping

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 11:12 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think giving it to him at night is going to hurt anything, but ask doc to be sure. I have never heard of a baby making a habit of tylenol but who knows?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:21 AM on May. 27, 2009

• motrin for teething.. its anti inflammatory and Tylenol for fevers
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 11:30 AM on May. 27, 2009

• motrin made my son's stomache ache worse - his ped said it is harder on sensitive tummys' anyway - I have given my son tylenol for months in a row because he tends to feel every aspect of the teething and gets a fever for weeks at a time.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:33 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I never give my baby Tylenol unless she has a fever. For teething I give her teething tablets. I would not give a baby Tylenol everyday repeatedly unless there is a fever.....Call your Dr.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 11:36 AM on May. 27, 2009

• op here, it's not that it's a habit, it's that his teeth hurt
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:36 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I called the advice nurse and she was just like until he stops teething
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:37 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Have you tried teething tablets? They work wonders for my daughter. You have to give the tablets to them every couple hours or so. I wouldn't give your baby tylenol unless he has a fever because you don't want to end up giving him too much. You could also try giving him a popcicle. My daughter loves that too. Anything cool feels really good on their gums.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 11:41 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I never give my baby tylenol for teething unless he has a fever.
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 11:47 AM on May. 27, 2009

• repeated use of tylenol can cause liver damage, be careful how much you give, also if the baby has a fever it may be something else and bringing the fever down when it's just low grade can hide other illnesses. (this is what my ped said)
    deanamfinley

Answer by deanamfinley at 3:20 PM on May. 27, 2009