is it just me

so last week I took my 17 mth old to the babysitters with specific instructions on how he is not allowed to ride in the trailer behind the lawn mower with her 6 yr old driving and she did it anyway am I being overly paranoid does anyone else think this is very very stupid and dangerous !!!!

aidensmom570

Asked by aidensmom570 at 11:15 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I agree with you! VERY stupid and VERY dangerous!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 11:16 AM on May. 27, 2009

• yes, but also she didnt follow your simple instructions! confront the babysitter asking why she did it after you told her not to. if she gives you attitude and becomes all defensive find a new babysitter
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:17 AM on May. 27, 2009

• wow yes she is very stupid and very dangerous! yeah your child might like it but he wont when he falls out and maybe get seriously injured!! you should fire her for your childs sake!
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 11:17 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Yeah, thats a little scary. I wouldn't go asking her WHY she let them do it again, i would just very clearly and very firmly tell her again that you do NOT want it to happen. If that doesn't help, i'd consider finding a new sitter.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 11:27 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Yes!! Very stupid! Very dangerous!
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 11:29 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Guess it's time for a new babysitter. If she can't follow your instructions regarding YOUR child's safety, what else is she (or isn't she) doing?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:29 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I don't care what it is you told her not to do, you are the parent and she shouldn't have done it.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:32 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree with all of you I am in a pickle though her and her husband have always been friends of ours and I dont really know how to approach this situation without ruining that
    aidensmom570

Answer by aidensmom570 at 11:36 AM on May. 27, 2009

• You are 100% correct! That is super dangerous, and if your sitter isn't willing to a. comply with your wishes for your child and b. keep your child safe, then you need a new sitter!
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 12:03 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Just tell her "you know, i appriciate that you've helped me so much watching my kid, but it made me feel uncomfortable when my wishes were ignored" tell her that you care about her a lot, but to please respect your wishes as the parent of your child.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:59 PM on May. 27, 2009