I babysit a 4 1/2yr girl along with my 3 yr girl. Everything was fine at first, then this girl started to pee at naptime, and at night(her home). Now it's whenever, where ever, and she plays in it. I beleive it cause her parents aren't giving her attention. I try to have special time with her everyday, but need advice. Is this really normal? It's not to me and this doesn't even cover her behavor! I feel like I've tried everything. Help.

cutzdahair

Asked by cutzdahair at 11:18 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I guess I wouldn't think it is normal to play in it?!
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 11:28 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Although you may be right on target with the attention-seeking behavior, changes in urinary habits can sometimes signal an abusive situation. How is her other overall behavior? Her physical condition? I would inform the parents, and see what their response is. Has something changed at home? It's probably nothing, but if you do get that little tickle in the back of your brain that tells you something isn't right, do something about it. It takes guts, but if you're protecting the child, it's worth it.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 12:02 PM on May. 27, 2009