So...am I pregnant or not?

I took 6 pregnancy tests last week. The first 2 neg. Next 2 positive. Next 2 negative. I know a positive is a positive is a positive. BUT I don't even feel pregnant, so IDK if I am or not. I'm like 3 wks late now. I can't afford a blood test bc I don't have insurance. And I don't have enough money right now to buy another pee test either. Ugh. I only took the dern thing because I never got my period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would venture to guess that if any of the tests were positive, you are pregnant. Contrary to some beliefs, false positives are highly rare and false negatives are much more likely. The hormone is either there, or it's not. I agree that going to the clinic or health department in your area would be a good first step. Although around here, our family planning clinic won't do a blood pregnancy test, so if ur hormones weren't high enough for four HPT's there is a chance that a urine test at the clinic would be negative as well. Some are more sensitive than others, even in the same brand sensitivity levels can vary. Good luck and congrats (more than likely)
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I know that the prego tests are costly but yiou can find them at The Dollar Tree and most other dollar stores. Also consider your stress level and if you have been sick lately.
    cutzdahair

Answer by cutzdahair at 11:24 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I would go to the clinic and get a pregnancy test, seriously. If you are late, and you had 2 positive tests, you might be pregnant! You have to find out one way or the other because if you are, you have to start on your prenatal vitamins right away.
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 11:24 AM on May. 27, 2009

• If you go to the clinic and it's positive, get a note from them and you can take that as proof when you apply for medicaid. Then you can get insurance and go to a better doctor than would be at a clinic.

And any kind of daily multi vitamin works. Ask any doctor. My prenatals made me nauseous, so my doctor told me to take Flinestones chewables.

StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:27 AM on May. 27, 2009

• stifflersmom is correct! go to a clinic which is practically free, to get a test. if it is positive, they'll give you the results in writing, then you should apply for medicaid and wic! the process wont take long especially if you are preggo (dont have to wait 30 days for approval....) the clinic will also provide you with prenatal vitamins! if you wanna take another test on your own, they are only $1 at the dollar tree and general dollar stores! GL!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:35 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree, go to the clinic. I didn't feel pg when I was pg with my dd. I had cramps for two weeks like my period was coming but it never did. No morning sickness or anything. Good luck and I hope it turns out the way you want.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:37 AM on May. 27, 2009

• GO TO A PLANNED PARENT HOOD OR SALUD CLINIC, THEY OFFER FREE OR VERY LOW COST TESTS. CHECK OUT LOCAL HELP THROUGH THE STATE OR COUNTY. I WAS IN A SIMILAR STAER WHEN I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT AND WE HAD NO INSURANCE AND THE STATE COVERED IT ALL.
    wolverine05

Answer by wolverine05 at 11:43 AM on May. 27, 2009

• A lot of it depends on when you test also. If you were testing in the afternoon or drinking more liquid than you normally would to produce urine for the tests, your urine would have been diluted and the HPT may not have picked up on the HcG (pregnancy hormone) and you would have gotten false negatives. wait a week or more, get one more test and take it the very first time you pee in the morning. that's when there is the most of the hormone in your urine, and every other day the HcG will double its count, making it more likely to show on a urine test. If you got positives at all, then the test picked up the hormone. The only time you'll get a false positive is if you had a chemical pregnancy. (a pregnancy that didn't stick for one reason or another still produces HcG)
    Kara602

Answer by Kara602 at 12:17 PM on May. 27, 2009