Does this sound like a bladder infection?

I will be 10 weeks tomorrow.. But I cnstantly feel like my bladder is full but when I go to the bathroom I go like 2 drops and it BURNS. Will this go away on it's own? Is there a trick to make it go away faster? Or do I need to go see my doctor?

lizafur13

Asked by lizafur13 at 11:27 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• see your doc, its a urinary tract infec and it can cause issues that can cause preterm labor. :o) feel better.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:30 AM on May. 27, 2009

• yes the burning and "urge to pee" when you cant is a sign of a bladder infection! i'd have your dr. do a test. you can also buy tests over the counter! cranberry is the way to go. juice is pretty sugary, and not as potent, so I'd go with cranberry pills or concentrate (concentrate is really really strong and yucky... you can dilute it with water).
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:30 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Sounds like a UTI!
    Yes you can go to the doctor and have a test done. Or you can just go get some AZO from the store (so much better than antibiotics) Also pick up some acidophilus to help prevent it from coming back.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 11:54 AM on May. 27, 2009

• See your doctor, absolutely. A bladder infection can be very serious during pregnancy. I had one during my second pregnancy that had me in the hospital for a week for IV antibiotics. Don't delay on this one. Best of luck to you, and hope you feel better quickly!
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 11:58 AM on May. 27, 2009

• SEE YOUR DOCTOR> don't mess around with something like that. If you're buring when you pee you need to take care that immediently. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:32 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Thanks ladies :]
    I am seeing my dr later today.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 1:28 PM on May. 27, 2009

• yes it sounds like it only being 10 weeks, is it painful? go see your doc i had two at the begianning of my pregnacy they can give you antibiotics that are safe and drink lots of fluids, you want to get rid of it asap
    daniandlo

Answer by daniandlo at 2:58 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It could be a couple of things, yeast infection, bladder infection, kidney problems like infection or stone (you'd know if you had a stone so doubtful of that), best to be sure and head to doctor so you can be on some medication to get over what you have, drink lots of water as previous posters have said. It sounds like an infection of some kind though, good luck!
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:31 PM on May. 27, 2009