30 minute apart contractions?

lasting about 1 minute. I noticed my stomach was rock hard and then would soften but it was not accompanied by any pain/cramping it was very rhythmical though, every 30 minutes, then about 2 hours later went to bathroom, wiped and was some blood on the toilet paper, looked like a couple drops of blood the size of the head of a needle....but there is no pain with all of this, is this normal? early contractions do you not feel? i am 37 1/2 weeks

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 11:30 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• thwey could be braxton hicks, but keep timing them. You are feeling them obviously but in the beginning it can be like that, you dont feel them much at all..if you are too worried call your ob :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:36 AM on May. 27, 2009

• You should call your doctor...But I think it is to early to go to the hospital

Answer by louise2 at 11:37 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I started having contractions at 28 weeks, about 15-30 mins apart and lasting 1-2 minutes. I wasn't actually in labor though, so my OBs refused to give me anything to stop them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I would say Braxton Hicks they are too far apart to go to the dr for. Drink some water and relax. If they get really close and painful then you will know it is time.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:39 AM on May. 27, 2009

• yea, I had an episode like this (minus the bleeding) when I was 39w2d. I was having just the tightening contractions that didn't hurt at all, just made my bellie hard..and I had those for a good half of the day---from around 5pm - 1am---but I knew that if it was real labor nothing would stop it, so I went to bed, and nothing. It was just BH. (But BH work like real contractions for me, I dilated from 1 to 2 that night)
    I didn't go into real labor for a week after that. You're okay, maybe call your Dr and let them know what you're experiencing. But I think they may be too far apart to worry yet. Keep timing them and assessing how intense they are...if they're intesity is picking up, you may be going into labor.
    Good Luck!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:47 AM on May. 27, 2009

• ty all
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 12:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• ummm she said she had some blood, thats enough for me to go to L&d
    Anonymous

• The blood could easily have been her mucous plug, which is just a mucousy barrier helping keep her cervix shut and blocking bacteria and other things from entering the uterus.

At 37 weeks, it's really nothing to frown at.

If it's your first you could potentially have another month and a half of pregnancy left!

Just relax, they're practice contractions and nothing to worry about or get excited about either lol.

No, get excited because you're almost at the finishing point!

But they're practice.

Don't go to L&D, but call your OB if you're unsure about ANYTHING before bun comes.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 3:40 PM on May. 27, 2009