Angels and Demons?

I'm reading the book "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown. I have not yet read or seen The Da Vinci Code, but will move on to it next.

My question is, how do you feel about this book? Particularly if you are Catholic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have read both, seen the Da Vinci Code and plan on seeing Angels and Demons

First off I loved them! Very good books

Second, they are BOOKS, They are fiction........people are taking these too seriously.
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 12:15 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm not Catholic (used to be when I was little....) but I LOVED the books. I think they're brilliant works of fiction.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:44 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I'm almost finished reading Angels and Demons and it's making me feel like an idiot. I'm going to have to do some research when I'm finished to determine what is true/false/based on history/totally made up. I didn't realize how much I didn't know until I started reading it.

Aside from all that, I'm LOVING the book. It's a real page turner.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:54 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I am Catholic and have not read Angels and Demons. I read the Davinci Code and I shouldn't have. I do not believe a word of it. I feel that your beliefs are your beliefs and works of fiction shouldn't alter that.,
    Anonymous

• Dan Brown begin the Da Vinci Code with a disclaimer that it is a work of fiction. That is all there is to say. The author tells us he made the whole thing up. It is another War of the Worlds phenomenon where the public missed the warning that the radio broadcast was a drama and thought aliens had landed and almost started a riot.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:39 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Katie911, thank you! My sentiments exactly.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 11:34 AM on May. 29, 2009