Do you hate when your clothes get faded in the laundry? Do you wear them anyway or do you stop wearing them if they look faded?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If they are fading, then don't put them in the dryer. Line-dry them, or hang them up somewhere. It really does extend the life of your clothing. And be sure to use cold water to wash your clothes.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:15 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It does bug me. I will continue wearing casual clothes that are faded, but I don't feel like I can wear faded items for work.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:41 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I do wear mine once they've faded because I can't afford new ones, but it is kind of embarassing. ...I heard recently that using too much laundry detergent fades them. I'm not sure where I heard that though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Yeah, some of my clothes get faded in the laundry. But, If it's like lounge wear such as sweats or comfy clothes, of course, I 'm still going to wear them! If it's stuff I wear out, I won't wear them out anymore if they look all faded and dingy. Wash in cold water to prevent fading and Tide is supposed to prevent fading. Not sure if it works, because I don't use Tide...too damn expensive!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:44 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Yup, they get faded, and yup I still wear them. You can only really tell if they're faded or not if you are the one that bought them (because "faded" seems to be a style anymore) lol.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:04 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I will wear faded clothes at home, not out in public. I wash my clothes in cold water, not sure if it helps prolong the color but it doesn't hurt, either.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:23 PM on May. 27, 2009