hand washing a car seat cover?

is there anway, or a product that can ve=be used to scrub a car seat cover without undoing all the straps and throwing it int he washer?I have to do the whole thing because my freind used it and now it has dust deep int he fabric.. I ahve tried a tide stck(too much area to cover) scrubbing it with dreft stain sprat...any other ideas>

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 11:41 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I did took the strapes out with my sons and never got it back together right. My daughter I used he spray and wash with resloved and just sprayed it on and wiped it down it only took about 5 mintues and it looked band new. It took a few mintuesw to dry and it looks great./
    vanessa1208

Answer by vanessa1208 at 11:57 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Undo the straps and throw it in the washer! Hey, that's the only way your going to get it super clean.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:45 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I would just undo it and hand wash it really well and then let it air dry (you don't want it to shrink at all)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:35 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I should also add make sure you don't put anything on the straps... they can't have chemicals on them. Only wipe down with a damp cloth with water... they should never get soaked.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:36 PM on May. 27, 2009

• There is a car seat cover that you can buy that will fit over the existing covers.
    It is easy to put on and off and you don't need to remove the seat or the straps.
    It's called a Nomie car seat cover.
    It is waterproof and machine washable.
    If you visit my blog http://tinyurl.com/razyvy you can save 10% as well.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:41 PM on May. 27, 2009