Did a breast pump help your contractions?

I am 42 weeks 3 days today. I've had weak irregular contractions for several days. I'm trying to strengthen and regulate them with a breast pump. I was wondering if it worked for any of you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't use a breast pump for stimulation, but I did use warm water in the shower for nipple stimulation and it helped speed things up for me i think.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:15 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I have never done this but I have heard of women that have. I've even heard some birthing centers doing this to speed up or induce labor. From what I understand it *can* work...but more often than not it causes very rough contractions that may or may not bring on labor. This is a time where you need to be getting rest to prepare yourself for labor and birthing, not causing extra stress and fatigue on yourself...especially if it's all in vain :( Good luck!!! That little one wont stay in there forever!!! Use this time to rest and pamper yourself :)
    Caramelturtle

Answer by Caramelturtle at 1:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Didn't work for me.... but every body is different and I have heard that it does work sometimes... GL!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 6:24 PM on May. 27, 2009