after reading this do you still feel marijuana should be illegal?

We are grown women so i really dont want people to bash others for their decisions...so keep it civil please (im asking a lot, i know ;) )

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on May. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm for legalization. great article. Unfortunately you will find that willful ignorance abounds. "I know what I know and nothing like silly facts or reality will change my mind"

The tide is turning and I believe it will be fully legal and regulated in my lifetime. MJ and hemp legalization could do good things for the US economically and environmentally but some refuse to see it. "I knew a guy whose brothers girlfriends hairdressers uncle had a student, who went to a party took one hit off a joint and dropped dead right there". DARE has been very successful at brainwashing a lot of people.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i dotn have to read the blog .. yes i do believe it should be illegal stil period end of story
    Anonymous

• wow, I'm not even gonna lie to you that's one hell of a long ass article. Since I have no plans on reading it my comment will remain void.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• same here lol not gonna bother reading the blog because I already have a strong opinion that marijuana should be legal! especially for medicinal purposes
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:03 PM on May. 27, 2009

• ok for those who are too lazy (lol just joking) to read it i will post quotes from it

Anslinger immediately drew upon the themes of racism and violence to draw national attention to the problem he wanted to create. He also promoted and frequently read from "Gore Files" -- wild reefer-madness-style exploitation tales of ax murderers on marijuana and sex and... Negroes. Here are some quotes that have been widely attributed to Anslinger and his Gore Files:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others."

"...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death."
    Anonymous

• are you by chnce the one that asked if it was bad to smoke pot when breastfeeding?
    i didnt answer that one but i will answer this one
    yes it should still be illegal so i too will not even read the blog
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Harry Anslinger got some additional help from William Randolf Hearst, owner of a huge chain of newspapers. Hearst had lots of reasons to help. First, he hated Mexicans. Second, he had invested heavily in the timber industry to support his newspaper chain and didn't want to see the development of hemp paper in competition. Third, he had lost 800,000 acres of timberland to Pancho Villa, so he hated Mexicans. Fourth, telling lurid lies about Mexicans (and the devil marijuana weed causing violence) sold newspapers, making him rich.

Some samples from the San Francisco Examiner:

"Marihuana makes fiends of boys in thirty days -- Hashish goads users to bloodlust."

"By the tons it is coming into this country -- the deadly, dreadful poison that racks and tears not only the body, but the very heart and soul of every human being who once becomes a slave to it in any of its cruel and devastating forms.... Marihuana is a short
    Anonymous

• no im not the one who asked lol, i know my facts..and i am not breastfeeding anymore.
    Anonymous

• It is illegal and it should stay illegal. I don't even agree with medical marihuana because they don't police it well enough. It is full of fraud. Just like every govt. program
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:14 PM on May. 27, 2009

• hmm i am a wasp from a pretty good neighbor hood and most of my friends are white i dont smoke weed but some of my friends do.i did smoke in high school i didnt like it but i do know it wasnt as bad as drinking and that is legal.as for negroes hmm and hispanics smoking i know alot and they dont smoke pot.i work with them and ya they do drink but who doesnt.i dont like the exppresion negroe for some reason i think this may be a backwards article but ya i believe in legalizing pot.my friend works at a known hospital in the oncology dept. and they give there patients weed.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:18 PM on May. 27, 2009