My baby turns his head from 3am till wake up! What can I do?

I have a four month old son who tosses his head back and forth in his sleep. It is obviously not a restful sleep because he is cranky during the day. Anyone been here? Advice?

newbiemom2009

Asked by newbiemom2009 at 12:25 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe the mattress is uncomfy.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 12:37 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I'd be looking at his ears. Some babies have asymptomatic ear infections. My son never complained, but every time we went to the doctor, his ears were completely congested. If your little one's ears hurt, he may be turning his head to alleviate the pain. Best of luck with your investigation, and hope he gets some good sleep, soon!
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 2:38 PM on May. 27, 2009

• sounds like you need to take your DS to see the pedi... are you BF? what's your caffiene intake like?
    yamdankypita

Answer by yamdankypita at 5:18 PM on May. 27, 2009