does eating yogurt help you lose belly fat

I was reading that if you eat 3, 6 ounce servings of fat free yogurt daily 60-80 % of your belly fat will be gone. Does anyone know if this is true??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• That's with working out and eating a healthy diet.
    Anonymous

• That sounds dumb.
    Drink water
    eat fruits and vegetables
    eat whole grains
    eat beans and lentils
    exercise for at least 30 minutes at least 3 times a week.
    be healthy and set a healthy example for your kids.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Well....maybe not so dumb....check out what Dr. Oz said about a high calcium diet on Oprah:

http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/slideshow1_ss_oz_20070917_350/6
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:37 PM on May. 27, 2009

• gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:38 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree with the post above that said that is WITH healthy diet and physical activity. I also want to note that some people assume that yogurt is yogurt. The probiotics in yogurt do help rid your intestinal tract of excess yeast (thus helping with bloating and constipation if you have it, and making you LOOK thinner anyhow) but if you are eating anything but plain yogurt it's essentially pointless. The sugar and/or high fructose corn syrup in most flavored yogurts actually PROMOTE yeast growth because they feed on sugars. High fructose corn syrup, according to some studies, also promotes weight gain and bloat. So if you are going to do yogurt, eat a plain (preferably organic but that is my opinion) nonfat yogurt and check labels. Even many "diet" yogurts have corn syrup in them, so don't be fooled. As far as the calcium, a lot of things are showing that it can promote a healthy weight when combined with healthy living.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:29 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I take an acidophilus suppliment as well as a D3 calcium suppliment. I'm trying to reduce the amount of HFCS in my diet and I don't looooooooooooooove yogurt. ;)
    TaiyoandMe

Answer by TaiyoandMe at 2:33 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Um, sure, as long as you're only eating about 600 other calories per day, which is primarily starvation. NO, yogurt alone will not burn off your belly fat.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 2:36 PM on May. 27, 2009