College credits expire?

When, how, and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, they do and it depends on the school and major. Some credits never expire, some after 10 years, some after 5 years. Check with the school that you revieved the credits from.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:46 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Sometimes you are required to finish a degree in a certain amount of time. That should be stated up front. You must finish your last 60 credit hours at the institution conferring the degree. But you can also get life credit for certain things. And if you transfer universities it is up to the new school what they will accept and how it will apply. Good Luck BTW with whatever you are trying to accomplish.

Anonymous

• Yes they do, depending on your major. For example I am a nursing major, so the biology class I took 2 years ago will expire in 3 more years, so I f I dont graduate before then I will have to retake it, or if you went to school for a period of time, did not finish and went back say 6 years later, some of those credits are lost so you will have to reatke them.

Why, I really dont know, but alot changes in the medical field with new research
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:35 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I'm hoping to take LPN and I have 5 years to finish my RN degree or I can't count LPN towards it.
    Anonymous

• Your degree with never expire but particular classes can expire. I think it depends on the program. For example, my dream is to be accepted at a certain midwifery school. They require that all college credits be taken within the past 7 years. So even though I have taken most of the required classes, they were all taken 8-13 years ago so I have to start over.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Your degree won't expire but your credits towards an unfinished degree can. It depends on the subjects that your credits are in. With health and biology related sciences, the credits usually only last 5 years.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:12 PM on May. 27, 2009