*Edit* Pregnant or not?

I made an appointment to see the doctor yesterday and they did a blood test. I got a call back today and she said that they didn't know if I was pregnant or not. I forgot the word she used but the test is positive. We have another appointment scheduled for next Friday morning.

What do you guys think? Should I be taking care of myself like I am pregnant?

KellyBelly89

Asked by KellyBelly89 at 12:36 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anytime you suspect you may be pregnant you should take care of yourself like you are.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:37 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Yes please. I was in a simlar situation a little over 5 years ago. I tested at home, then made an appointment. The test at the doctors office was negative 3 months in a row. I ended up being 19.3 weeks along before I knew I was for sure. I made sure I lived as though I was pregnant just to be sure. I had no signs of pregnancy my MIL swore I was pregnant so I took a test and it was actually positive at home. That was in November, March 17th I found out I was pregnant and it was a BOY by ultrasound! He's nearly 5 now.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 12:45 PM on May. 27, 2009

• This is pretty much what happened:

Last month I took two home pregnancy test because I hadn't gotten my period yet, and they both came up positive. I went to the doctor, they did an ultrasound and a vaginal test and they didn't find anything. It usually comes around the end of the month ( appx 20-31) and I still haven't gotten my period. Friday I took another home pregnancy test and it came back positive. I'm not sure if there's any way all three could be false positives, let alone what causes a false positive. I'm not trying to make excuses, but it seems like I don't have the time to make another appointment with as much as me and my boyfriend work and take care of our 8 month old. I've had the early signs, breast tenderness, fatigue... Some feedback would be appreciated. I've been a wreck!
    KellyBelly89

Answer by KellyBelly89 at 12:52 PM on May. 27, 2009

• A blighed ovum or anembryonic pregnancy maybe?
    Anonymous

• What does that mean?
    KellyBelly89

Answer by KellyBelly89 at 1:04 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i was 5 days late and had a blood test done at the hospital and it was negitive and then here comes a nother 2 weeks n 2 days onto that 5 days late and still didnt start so took 3 home pregnacy test n all 3 came back positive . then went to pregnacy care center and sure enough i was 7 weeks pregnant... i'd keep takina hpt if i was u blood test arnt always right
    melodysmamma410

Answer by melodysmamma410 at 1:09 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I can't wait to find out or not
    KellyBelly89

Answer by KellyBelly89 at 1:48 PM on May. 27, 2009

• A blighted ovum or anembryonic pregnancy means that the egg was fertilized but no baby formed. Or, it could be a chemical pregnancy
    Anonymous

• Do you know why that happens?
    KellyBelly89

Answer by KellyBelly89 at 2:32 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No, I'm sorry I don't
    Anonymous