Should Mr. Obama be trying to implement a huge program like Universal Healthcare......................

when he admitted last week that the country is friggin broke?

Our current system needs some overhauling, but you can't do much when ther is NO MONEY, NADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 12:37 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• uh no I think Dr.'s should do some pro bono though. Also I think Healthcare will go down if he does this and elderly will be nicely euthanized one day to save costs toll on young and the old ABORTION

I think he is TRYING to bankrupt the U.S. dollar!

2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:47 PM on May. 27, 2009

• NO Thats not the only reason he shouldn't but it is a big one.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:47 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Well I think you answered your own question there Grace......................................................................

Can't take blood from a turnip now can we?
    Anonymous

• There are several reasons why we shouldn't even be thinking about Universal Healthcare in the US, but being broke is definitely one of them! I'm assuming he would raise taxes up millions and millions of dollars to be able to afford this, but that is kind of impossible to do when the economy is ALREADY in a crisis and people can't even buy food let alone anything else. I do think healthcare does need some reform but universal healthcare is not the answer.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:54 PM on May. 27, 2009

• ok first off, universal healthcare has flaws, it changes the quality of care that PT recieve. do i think medical should be cheaper or have a better system, YES.But it also raises taxes to have universal healthcare or anything similar. and we know how much people hate their taxes being raised.
    and second, he is not MR.Obama no matter how much you dislike him. i don't like him but i have enough respect to still call him president!
    Anonymous

• The elderly will be euthanized? Are you crazy?
    Anonymous

• YES! He is President Obama, not Mr. Obabma.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:57 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Yes, it will help the US. as it is the #1 reason people default on their mortgages. He needs to bring ALL the troops home that would save billions and send AID over there and start a covert mission to eliminate Al Qaeda. We are NOT the worlds police OR nation builders!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:58 PM on May. 27, 2009

• What's the alternative, stick our head in the sand and cry until the economy perks up? Whether you like Obama or not, he has inherited a WORLD of problems with the presidency, and I credit him for throwing himself into discovering ways to solve them. Fact: We need healthcare reform, so why not begin working toward it?
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 1:33 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Jodie - are you new here? because what you just said made sense. I mean I actually see you're point. You made a point without bashing anyone......................... It can be done ladies...IT CAN BE DONE!

YEAH JODIE; you're our smart person of the day!
    Anonymous