blood work - Fasting?

Silly question --hubby took dd to doc this morning for her 2 year old visit and she has to get bloodwork done. But I don't know if she needs to fast or not. It's normal iron/whatever else they test at this age well visit stuff. Did your child have blood work with their 2 year check up and if so, did they need to fast?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the blood work my kids have had done is in the office and they didn't need to fast.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 12:39 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I can't think of any reason they would have a child fast for routine blood work. Unless she was going in to check for something like diabetes.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:40 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If they have to fast they will tell you. They don't usually have a child so young fast, and if they did they would set you up with an early morning appt so that the child won't have to wait to long to eat.
    But no, you don't fast for Iron
    Anonymous

• no my dd had her iron checked and a blood count done and she didn't need to fast. they should have told him if she did need to so you should be fine
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:44 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Easiest way to find out is to call the doctor's office.
    Anonymous

• Well, you know how guys are, they only hear half the instructions. I"m pretty sure she didn't fast for her 1 year blood work, but couldn't remember. If hubby can't remember all the details when I talk to him tonight I'll call the doc office tomorrow. thanks!
    Anonymous