So I took a pregnancy test, and still not sure.

Here is the situation 1 and 1/2weeks ago I had some spotting when I wiped. Definately not a period. So I am now two days late. I took a test last night, and it came out negative. Still no period. If I was pregnant, would it show up by now????? I really thought I may be, and now I don't know what to think. I have dr appointment in two wks, I don't know if I should test again before that. Two weeks will feel like forever.

belladonna29

Asked by belladonna29 at 12:42 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Pee on a stick with your 1st morning pee.
    Anonymous

• i am going through the same thing. I am 7 days late, mild cramping for the last 4 days, my back hurts, breasts tender and hungry!!! Test came back negative so i will assume I am not pregnant. I would say since you are seeing the dr. in 2 weeks wait and relax!
    Anonymous

• When you are trying to get pregnant a day can feel like a year! I know that feeling and as far as wether or not it would show up yet well its hard to say two days late is kinda pushing it because you coulda misscalculated slightly... If you can make yourself wait(Trust me I understand that it is hard) wait till the end of the week and take another one... If it still negative and still no period when you go to the dr have them do a test and if their pee test dont work I would demand a blood test... My friend didnt show up on the pee test till she was fourteen weeks pregnant.. Just goes to show you not everyones the same.. Either way try not to stress its easier to get pregnant when you dont got stress in yr life... Good luck to you and if you wana chat send me a mesage!
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 12:57 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Thank you. Very much appreciated. I didn't do morning pee, and I figure I would only be like 18 days preggo if I was. I will wait a few, and try again.
    belladonna29

Answer by belladonna29 at 4:25 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If it is this soon always test with morning pee, it is more concentrated, the test will be better able to pick up the HCG hormone.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:57 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Here's the thing you have to remember, not everyone ovulates at the same time in their cycle. You can have a 28 day cycle but not ovulate until cycle day 18 or something like that. Typically women ovulate about a week after their period ends which would give them enough time to build up hcg to show up on a test by the time they miss their period, but if you ovulate later in your cycle, have a longer cycle than most people, or if you make hcg slower than the average women, the test may not show positive on the first day of your missed period. It may take a few extra days. If you had some light spotting when you were wiping about a week and 1/2 ago and you're 2 days late now, that would mean you started spotting right around when implantation would have taken place. Implantation spotting usually happens 7-12 days after conception. You still could be pregnant. Take another test in the morning with your first morning urine :)
    Kaybean

Answer by Kaybean at 8:51 PM on May. 27, 2009