when you...

go t a kids birthday party from 2-6 pm.... do you expect a meal?

becuase im having my kids party and there isnt going to be a meal.. ill ahve fruit and veggies and cheese and crackers... and cake and icecream.... i just cnat afford to feed a mean to over 50ppl....

2cuteboysrmine

Asked by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:45 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For that time frame, its generally expected. You can change the party hours a bit from 1-4, and people won't assume anything or wind up starved before leaving.

If nothing else, something like a taco bar would be fairly cheap.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:48 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I would expect a meal if it goes until 6 but it is jsut me. one thing u could do if you are not serving a meal is write in the invites" com celebrate and enjoy some cake and ice cream..." or something like that. ive had to do that before. or when i did serve a meal. i would do a big crockpot of soup..like chilli or cheesburger soup. and then chips and fruit. taht should be enough. but its sounds like you'll have plenty anyway with the cheese and cracker, and fruit. good luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No, not those hours. I would only expect finger foods. If it started at 6, then I'd expect a meal.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• At that time, probably not. What you are having sounds pretty good. Why are you having 50 people at a kids party anyway? That is a huge party. Do what you can and don't worry about what other people think or say.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No I think what you have sounds good *Or you can ask your close friends and family to bring stuff A friend of mine did that for her sons birthday she said bring your fave snack I didnt think it was tacky I think everyone would understand.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 12:52 PM on May. 27, 2009

• we are having 50 ppl because we have huge familys!!!! just with imediat fam, my sister and parents and grandparents and his sibs andparents and grandparents....

add on a few of my closest friends and their kids... and its about 50 ppl...

plus i cant make a lot of food becuase its at a park outside
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:59 PM on May. 27, 2009