Will I ever get my sexy back?

Im 29 years old and have always been a VERY sexual person. Ever since I got pregnant, I have no libido. My son is now 11 weeks, and I still have NO desire for sex. None whatsoever! We still have sex but I feel bad for my husband. Im just not into it! Is this normal? When does it go away?

megs424420

Asked by megs424420 at 12:55 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry, can't help you with this. My drive came back by the time my 6 weeks was up and I had twins. Don't know if that's an indication or not.

LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 12:58 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It will come back.. trust me!! I'm like you and after kids I was like "where did my libido go?" It came back, but remember your hormones are outta whack for months.. especially if your nursing. There are natural supplements at health food store that really work..
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 12:58 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It is very normal. Your body hasn't quite been your own for months now. First you were pregnant & your hormones were all out of whack & now you have a newborn so you are hormonal & sleep deprived. Things will get better--no one can say when, though. It depends on how quickly you get baby into a routine & start getting yourself back to normal. You can also try creating a mood that is more sexy. Put baby down for a nap or the night & take a relaxing bath then put on some pretty pj's & snuggle with your DH. Work back into things slowly & see if you can rediscover yourself & your libido.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:59 PM on May. 27, 2009

• To add to what the other moms have said, you are also in mommy mode, probably tired, not yourself yet with the pre-pregnancy cloths, extra weight etc...Sexy is a frame of mind also, give your self the chance to feel sexy again by dressing up, looking good for yourself...Also practice, I mean after I had mine I was not into sex because my body had gotten used to NOT having any..The more we practices and the more I got involved in the foreplay the more willing and ready to get it all back. Take time for yourself too, being too tired is one of the reasons new mommies dont have sex like they would like to.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:29 PM on May. 27, 2009