what is your opinion about abortion?....and what if you HAD to do it because of the situation you were in??

i dont want to hear about how if you have protected sex this option would never come up... thats not the question im asking..

im in a bind right now and might have a chance that i could be pregnant.. this is something that absolutely cant happen right now... i dont agree with abortion but i've also never been in this situation before..

so there for im asking for you opinion. thank you:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do not agree with abortion unless the woman was raped or will die if she has the child (which literally hardly ever is an issue anymore). Regardless of whatever situation I was in, I would never have an abortion. Even if I was raped, I would turn a horrible situation into a good one and give that baby up for adoption. It is not the baby's fault that it was conceived into a situation that is not ideal, so why should it have to suffer the ultimate price of death? In my opinion, abortion should be the LAST option, not the FIRST. If you are not ready to be a mother, there are women out there who are and have been waiting for a baby, you could give yours to them.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:03 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I'm sorry, but I can't imagine a situation where I would HAVE to have an abortion. I was 16 when I got pregnant with my first & had her. When I got pregnant with my second, I had just returned to college to finish my degree but I had that baby as well. I believe that every baby is a blessing. I don't know...I guess maybe if I were in a war torn country & starving or something. But if I were in that situation, I would hope I would be smart enough not to be sleeping around. Maybe if you shared your situation, people would know how to advise you.
    Anonymous

• I am 100% against abortion. I believe that an unborn child is an important life and it isn't mine to take. I know too much about the Anatomy and Physiology of the human body to even kid myself into thinking that it's just "tissue" and that having an abortion wouldn't be stopping a beating heart, brain waves, functioning organs and causing pain. I don't believe that the government making "in-demand" abortions available and allowing me to eliminate my genetic prodgeny is at all flattering or "empowering" to my gender.

People always say of well when "the sh*t hits the fan, you'd think differently." Honestly, I wouldn't. I would follow the same example my biological mother set for me. She was a 14 year old rape victim, carried me to term and gave me up to a couple that had struggled with infertility for NINE years. It is largely due to her that I, in turn, have changed so many lives through Social Work ect.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree with the PPs! In my opinion, abortion is NEVER an option. I would never even consider it, no matter what! Everyone has their rights and their opinions, but in my eyes, abortion is murder!!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 1:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Abortion is never an option unless there is a medical need.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:08 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I think that the decision to have an abortion is YOUR choice. It is your body after all and no one else has the right to make any reproductive decisions for you. Could I personally ever have one? No. But that does not give me the power to make any decisions for someone else. If you are pregnant, only you inevitably have to live with your decision each day whatever you decide. I would find out first, and then explore your many options. I wish you the best of luck.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 1:09 PM on May. 27, 2009

• (cont.) From a religious POV (in case you are religious) which has very little to do with why I feel abortion is wrong, God promises he will not give us any more than we can handle. I can't think of anything, that I couldn't get help for, that would convince me that what I was going through was worth more than the life of a child.

Adoption is such a wonderful option and your child DOES NOT have to sit in a foster home. You can choose the couple who will adopt your baby and make sure your baby has a wonderful home. I don't think people quite understand how absolutely sacred an adopted child is to a couple that can't have children. My parents are wonderful people and there isn't even a word to describe how they feel towards my birth mother for allowing them to have me. PLEASE make something GOOD come out of something BAD.

Good luck! PM me if you need to talk.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:09 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I'm pro-choice and I support a woman's right to choose.  If a baby doesn't fit in to your life right now then you have to consider ALL your options.  Would it be better to abort a cluster of cells or bring a child into a life that you cannot afford or care for or whatever your reason is?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:11 PM on May. 27, 2009

• This is something that always piques my curiosity. People who are against abortion always spout that "unless it's a case of rape" line. Is a baby any less human, or any less valuable if it is a product of rape? It's not the child's fault. Just makes me wonder.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 1:19 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Like I said before, I PERSONALLY would still have the child even if I was raped and became pregnant. No the baby is not anymore less human or less valuable, but considering the circumstances in which this child was conceiving, I think it would be a justifiable reason to abort that child if that is what the woman wanted. All other reasons, "I am not ready," "I have no money," "The daddy isn't around," etc, are NOT justifiable reasons to kill a baby in my opinion. Being brutally attacked and raped by an evil man you don't or do know, is...although I wouldn't do it regardless of my situation.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:24 PM on May. 27, 2009