If you don't like an answer do you send a message?

Last week I read a question from someone who was having a disagreement with a family member. I agreed with the family member and respectfully disagreed with the poster. A couple of days later I get a message from this woman. After reading it through a few times (terrible English and typos every few words) I figured out that she was mad at me for disagreeing. I considered replying but realized that she'd blocked me anyway so I couldn't.

How totally pathetic is that? If you post a question then you're obviously going to get people disagreeing with you. If you just want people to say "oh you're so right and amazing and totally awesome" then maybe you're in the wrong place.

RhondaVeggie

Asked by RhondaVeggie at 1:01 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• that's why I post anon lol
    Anonymous

• I always keep disagreements to the forum they were posted in.  I think it is extremely rude to go to someone's page to bitch.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Me too. I've had the same thing happen, but the message I received was filled with curse words and other things.
    Anonymous

• I think alot of people post on here just trying to be validated and when someone disagrees, it just sends them back into their little tizzy.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 1:13 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I had a psycho message me after she didn't like what I responded. I was not rude, just disagreed. She send me this horrible message calling me a vile b*tch and all kinds of stuff. Reported then blocked her butt. I started posting Anon that day anytime I disagree or believe my answer may be controversial.
    Anonymous

• Hence, the anonymous option.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Silvertears, and I think there are some who need that "validation" as she put it, and I think some people get a little too emotionally involved with exchanging ideas on Internet sites, and that could mean the person has an addiction, and that he/she may live more in this virtual world than in the real, actual world, which is pretty sad. But, that being said, the rude response you received was totally uncalled for and hopefully the person who sent it will get help and get off the computer at some point and focus more on taking care of problems arising in his/her ACTUAL world!
    MichelleJ23

Answer by MichelleJ23 at 1:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I would never bring my drama to someone's door. Luckily this hasn't happened to me, but I hear of it happening all too often to others.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:54 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Just as her sending you a message was pointless and meaningless to you as would be the case if you sent one to her and you would only be encouraging the poor behavior by acting as immature as she has.

I also agree with Silvertears1275, she made a very good point.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:26 PM on May. 27, 2009