• In the Spotlight:

do you yell?

do you yell at your kids? i don tmean scream..obviously that is wrong. im wondering if you yell.
i keep hearing so many different opinions on yelling

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 1:07 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yup! But only when I have to
    Anonymous

• Sometimes, if I'm really scared or upset. I full-on yelled at my son when I caught him chomping on his little sister's arm. I completely yelled at her when I spied her trying to climb our chiminea on a lightweight plastic chair. I try not to yell in anger, but nobody's perfect, and sometimes that happens, too.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 1:13 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No matter what anyone says, no one is perfect and everyone will yell at their kids at least once in their life! Whether it's out of anger, fear or frustration it will happen. I have yelled out of all three before. I try not to yell, raising my voice a little and sounding 'strict' is usually good enough but once in a while, maybe three or four times a year I do end up yelling to get their attention about something. It works but I WILL NOT make it a habit for the fact that if you yell it looses all it's 'meaning'.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 1:30 PM on May. 27, 2009

• yup.
    DixieRoadrash

Answer by DixieRoadrash at 2:37 PM on May. 27, 2009

• yes when I say it for the 3rd time I will yell it, but that goes for my husband aswell, LOL
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 2:54 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i think its funny now, that people are so paranoid about how we "discipline" our children. think about it, kids used to be yelled at, spanked, some worse than others. But everyone made it, and generally learned their lesson. i dont think yelling will ruin a childs life!!! you'll be okay and so will your kids.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:18 PM on May. 27, 2009

• yes and i feel awful for it. but i think always yelling can create problems for children so it should be curved. Also i feel awful because i know its me lacking something, not the child.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:32 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I've been known to a time or two.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:40 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My son calls it yelling, I call it raising my voice. He's never heard me do a full-on yell before, though, that I'm aware of, unless you count yelling for him to come home when he's outside.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 4:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• yuppers!! not often, but if the situation calls for it then yes!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:11 PM on May. 27, 2009