Late period and negative pregnancy test-what's going on??

My period is 5 days late. I took a dollar store pregnancy test today and it was negative. I did drink 20 ounces of water before taking the test though. Do you think I may have diluted my urine with all the water? When should I test again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have took one everyday for the past 6 days and my period is 6 days late all negitive. Im in the same position as you
    LuckyCharmed200

Answer by LuckyCharmed200 at 1:15 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Try morning urine and get an early response test. Those dollar store tests typically test for higher levels of HCG.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 1:16 PM on May. 27, 2009

• usually it should show up by then, even if dollar store test, but there is always false negatives, never false positive :) keep trying, oh have you been under stress at all? that delays it..
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 1:18 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Definitely test again in the morning. You can always have a false negative but false positives are very very rare.
    Caramelturtle

Answer by Caramelturtle at 1:25 PM on May. 27, 2009