I"ve taken hpt and all say i'm preggo. Went to the dr today first test was neg and i asked the nurse to do another one because she didn't give the first one long enough. Has this happened to you?

The second one came back pos but faint. I'm taking that as I'm preggo finally. They wanted me to come back friday but i told them i'd just wait until monday that way it should be showing up good by then. I'm not sure how far i am though because i really haven't had a period since mar 8th I had blood work done on the 6th of may and it came back neg but now the test are coming back pos so how far would I be based on the fact that i had blood work done on may 6th and it was neg and today is 27th and i haven't had a period this month

pandora09

Asked by pandora09 at 1:11 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well mine showed up right away but i was 7 1/2 weeks when i founbd out (had really bad cramping like was going to get my period but never did...low and behold pregnant) it sounds like you are so congrats and good luck, if not, keep trying :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 1:17 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No matter how irregular your cycles are...I'm guessing if you had a really faint positive and a negative test along with positive HPTs you are probably 4 or so weeks along :) Congrats!!
    Caramelturtle

Answer by Caramelturtle at 1:23 PM on May. 27, 2009

• They usually count from the start date of your last period, which would put you at a couple of months; the ultrasound will be able to provide a more accurate gestational age though. I think the urine tests they use at doctors and clinics are actually less accurate than some of the store-bought urine tests, cause I've had doctor-office urine tests show up negative when I was really pregnant. Since you had more than one positive test at home, congratulations on your pregnancy!
    LunasMama

Answer by LunasMama at 1:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i had 4 positives wth clear digital but the hospitals came back neg. cause theirs isnt the five days sooner ones. so i made the dr go back and do a blood test which idk why they didnt they took blood.
    stars_silly

Answer by stars_silly at 2:10 PM on May. 27, 2009