Do you think stiletto heels are good for self-defense?

I went with some friends to a new bar that opened up. The place was flooded with people and one guy in particular would not stop trying to get my phone number and when I tried to walk away he grabbed my arm. I had on stilettos to go with my jeans so I took my heel and dug it into his foot and he quickly let go and I ran and told the door guy about this jerk. He was immediately asked to leave. Just food for thought. Comments welcome!:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe for you. I think in my case stilleto heels would be the opposite of good self-defense, I can barely keep my balance on them standing still.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:17 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Good Job but for me my fist would of handled that the perks of growing up in the projects you learn self defence real quick thank god you are okay though he sounds like a creep.

Anonymous

• What an interesting question! I have never used any of my shoes like that but I do sometimes wear stilettos. Some of my girlfriends have pepper spray that they carry with them, but you probably would have had a more difficult time using that in public without affecting bystandards. I think you did the best you could in that situation and good for you for finding a way to improv, making the jerk back away!! Also, telling the bouncer right away was very smart too! You handled the situation very well I think. If that had happened to me I am not sure what I would have done, but a stiletto heel probably would have some advantages there! Next time I have on stilettos I'll keep your story in mind just in case LOL! I bet that jerk really got the POINT! Haha yes, bad pun intended LOL! I hope this answer was helpful. You have a great day!
    MichelleJ23

Answer by MichelleJ23 at 1:26 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Haha, he deserved it. I say hell yes its a good weapon! So are boots if you can aim well and you throw them. ;p
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 1:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Ive used my heels in defense too! Its a lot like your story but i was at a party and a guy tried to move me over in to the corner of a room and i got the feeling he was a creep and he got upset when i rejected his advances and after i like told him NO i dont know how many times i used my shoe and did the same thing i stepped on his foot and he totally let me alone. so yeah i think stiletto heels are very good for that and even though they can hurt your feet i was so glad i didnt take em off yet and i let himhave it lol and he never bothered me again so i totally see where you are coming from, and they get my vote as a good self defense tool and i feel armed when i got em on! so yeah, good job of getting that jerk to leave you alone. When a guy doesn't take no for an answer sometimes you gotta resort to other methods to get him to leave you alone. great job and great story!
    Anonymous

• LOL do kitten heels count? I've never used my shoe like that but I can see how it may come in handy. And I am also in agreement with Michelle about how smart it was for you to go right to the bouncer and have that guy kick out. LOL I hope he had a sore foot that night from where you nailed him. I have NO IDEA how i'd have handled that situation but now your making me want to wear my kitten heels when i go out this weekend just in case LOL. Seriously though I am just glad you are ok. How did your friends react to the situation?
    Anonymous

• Ok well i have never used a shoe like that but it worked for you and that is what matters, and yes very smart of you to tell the door guy. I am glad one was there and I hope he was helpful and it sounds like he was. If this is a reputable place you went to then they will remember him and not have him back so if you go there again you wont have to worry about seeing him though it sounds like you got the upper hand in the end. lol nice job. I cant really wear heels but if I could and someone was grabbing me and not taking no for an answer then yeah my heel my purse whatever I need I will use to get that creep to back off. I am also glad you are ok and took time to share this story. I am sure these things happen more than we know and I am glad you stood up to this guy. There's an old saying if the shoe fits, wear it, so I guess for you a stiletto works lol thanks for sharing this.
    Anonymous

• Ok, after reading some of these responses I felt compelled to post again and now I am beginning to think that under the right circumstances a nice pair of stilettos are not only a good fashion investment but maybe can double as a useful self-defense tool. LOL ok I am going shopping once I get paid! Hurry up and get here, Friday! LOL!
    MichelleJ23

Answer by MichelleJ23 at 2:59 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Scraping your heel down his shin works well.
    Jaki856

Answer by Jaki856 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2009