Graduation honors is today : (

Why am I feeling so bad about not going to my step-daughters honors today? I know her dad does not want me to be there, he stated if she only wants me & her mom there, than that is who will go. Does not matter what you want, what I want, or what her mom wants, its what she wants... So when he asked me 2days ago, I said I was not going, come on now he does not have to hit me over the head with a 2by4, I can hear him loud and clear.. When someone keeps saying the same thing over and over again, " If she only wants her parents there". Than he gets mad at me and starts yelling at me & of course I yell back. I did speak to my step-daughter yesterday and explained the situation.. I don't think is comfortable with the situation about having step-parents. He says its the kids, but why would she say "your not going? you are going to my graduation Thursday, right? Yes, I am. How do I deal with all this heartache?

Blessed01234

Asked by Blessed01234 at 1:18 PM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have step kids too my husband the father is always sayinggood stuff about me to his family saying i care love them dearly like i raise them like my daughter.Just go to ur step daughter graduation day she will be so happy because she has someone who cares and loves her all the way at least make her happy tell her i am pround of her.I know h ow you feel about step kids we have to deal with them rest of our lives.Good Luck be happy
    ranay375

Answer by ranay375 at 1:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Do something special with just her. Take her out to dinner or shopping to celebrate her graduation, make the day about her. She will see that you are just as proud as her parents, but felt that that day was for them and her. I hope this is making sense, just cause you didn't go doean't mean you can't celebrate the day.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 2:29 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I can't do anything really nice with her because I work and go to school. These days that I am off I had to use vacation days. Now my husband just spoils everything, I am so upset with him I can just scream!! The look on her face when I told her I was not going tore at my heart. She knows I love her and would do anything for her. I am the one who took her to get her prom dress, because her mom would not take her, her dad was busy and he tells me she is not my daughter when he gets upset with me. I never want to be her mother, I just want to be there when she needs me. How am I to be as a step-mom? I don't know how I am to feel, act, talk, or what ever. Does anyone have any advice? Being a step-mom is hard when you have an A-Hole for a husband
    Blessed01234

Answer by Blessed01234 at 8:10 PM on May. 27, 2009