How do I know if I'm pregnant while breastfeeding if I may not get a period?!?!

I took two tests already to check about a week ago and they both came out negative... But how the heck do I know if I'm pregnant again if I may not get a period while I'm breast feeding.. This all seems stupid to me, I can't very well take a pregnancy test every week until I'm done breastfeeding... Plus I got it in March and April and now nothing?!?!? My son is just about 6 months too....................

mamastevens

Asked by mamastevens at 1:26 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wish i knew...dylan's almost 9 months, and i'm bleeding like a cut pig...and im breastfeeding. i thought i was bleeding to death lol. i wish i could help :(
    ieatfortwo

Answer by ieatfortwo at 1:53 PM on May. 27, 2009

• For me it was the super sensitive sense of smell that tipped me off. Also, I felt weak and jittery after my normal morning cup of coffee. I only do that when pregnant.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:03 PM on May. 27, 2009

• when i first got pregnant i just lost my appetite that was the only thing that happened right away... a little bit of nausea... nothing else... so i wouldn't even be able to tell now if it was the same thing?!? UG! How annoying....
    mamastevens

Answer by mamastevens at 2:17 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It is normal for it to be irregular for several months after it comes back, including skipping months especially if your child is nursing more than usual. I would not test every week, only if I had symptoms that made me suspicious. I did get preg while breastfeeding, before my period had returned, and had the same early pregnancy symptoms as in other pregnancies.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:18 PM on May. 27, 2009