Have you tried cooking with a dutch oven (for camping)

I just bought a book about Dutch oven cooking. I thought it would be neat to see how people did it in the old times have you tried ? do you like it? is it easy or hard? and would you do it again if you like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• With the boy scouts. They made stew and cornbread, and different cobblers. It was quick easy and good.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:40 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Is that the pan that nestles on top of the other pan? If so, I remember my mom cooking with one when we were little, but I don't remember much about them.
    Did any helpful sites come up when you did a Google search?
    Have fun!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:48 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Yup I have and do often. Its good, not very quick but most of the recipies are one pot wonders. I love to do mashed poateos on bottom, chunked up chiken and gravy in the middle topped with busicuts.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:36 PM on May. 27, 2009