Sick because of bad milk?

My MIL gave my son some (what I thought looked like "questionable looking" chocolate milk) this past weekend. He then ended up vomiting for days and I had to take him to the pediatrician to get a shot to control his nausea and vomiting. Has anyone else ever had this experience with milk and their child? The ped didn't think it was a virus, so that is the only thing I can think of that would have caused this reaction...

dawpea

Asked by dawpea at 1:34 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Um....spoiled milk would cause that reaction. And all the sugar would probably function to mask the disgusting taste a bit. Now answer me this, what was your MIL thinking?
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 1:39 PM on May. 27, 2009

• he shouldn't have ANY milk, let alone chocolate cows milk. poor kid!

If he needs to replace his electrolytes, which if he's been vomiting he will, you can buy coconut water *not coconut milk* it's low sugar, has electrolytes and replaces potassium more than bananas.
    It's better than pedialyte or diluted gatorade.
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 1:56 AM on May. 28, 2009