Butt Problems?

Hi everyone! ! Has anyone ever had a problem with thier child's butt not only getting a diaper rash but BLISTERS. These are puss filed and swollen and all DS does is try to hold his diaper off his bottom and cries "oowie." He has been sleeping ALOT lately too and has had dirreah. Help and TIA! BTW DS is 18 months

alb7585

Asked by alb7585 at 1:41 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Babies and toddlers often get nasty nasty yeast infections on thier butts and also sores from their diapers rubbing.

Take him to the DR asap to get some medicated cream to treat it and if possible try switching to cloth for a while.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 1:47 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It sounds like there might be a food allergy at work, unless this is just a recent thing and he has a stomach bug.

If the diaper rash is on-going I would recommend you switch to cloth and start making your own wipes.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:47 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My son had the same thing every time he was on antibiotics. Yeast infection cream did the trick. :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 2:18 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If he has puss filled blisters on his booty I would take him to the doctors. That's a really bad case there, you might need some type of antibiotic ointment. Try to keep him as dry as possible, maybe even try to leave the diaper off for a little while. Maybe don't even use wipes, but a damp washcloth and make sure to dry him completely before putting another diaper on. My daughter had/has really sensitive skin, I had to this a lot when she was in diapers (she never got the puss filled blisters though).
    DixieRoadrash

Answer by DixieRoadrash at 2:43 PM on May. 27, 2009