Hypochondriac & Panicked Mamma!

I feel like I place my 19 mo. child under a microscope. She is small for her age and not a good eater. Constantly thinking...I wonder if something is wrong with her and I'm not aware of it...have nightmares about her running into traffic, etc...I did have somewhat of a tragic childhood but don't want to expose my child to this sort of panic/worry...am I alone/nuts???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• No mine is four months old and i am the same way. Constantly worrying
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 2:07 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No I dont think your nuts I think you're a mom, I do the same thing with my nine month old son, I very willingly admit that I am overprotective of him, I even worry about leaving him with his dad, in our house, how ridiculous is that! Anyway the only think I find that helps me to not totally FREAK out is to educate myself on everything read books if I think something is wrong, call the doctor if I have a question and anytime he has a check up I make sure to ask even the dumbest questions, just to calm my fears.

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:07 PM on May. 27, 2009

• sorry meant to say *the only thing* not think
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:08 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No, you're not nuts. I spent (still do) so much time worrying about the worst case scenario. It can be horrifying, but I think it's like a defense mechanism, if you think about what could happen, you can take every precaution to keep it from happening, thus keeping them safer.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 2:17 PM on May. 27, 2009