how to help my sister after a hard birth and hurting down there??

ok so my sister gave birth a couple of days ago and she is a VERY tiny girl and when she was giving birth the baby got stuck on her pelvic bone and they had to tear her really bad and use forceps to pull the baby out well she is hurting badly down there and she asked the doctor how many stitches and he said about 45 wow she is in soo much pain is there anything else she can do to help they only gave her some foam and pain pills! is there anything else she can do?? thanks

Reneemommy

Asked by Reneemommy at 1:47 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wet a feminine pad and put it in the freezer. (stick a few in the freezer in a ziploc bag) When it is frozen take it out and pour some castor oil onto it. Then you wear the "crotch-cicle". The cold pad and the castor oil help reduce inflammation. Great for hemroids too. My SIL swore by this!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:52 PM on May. 27, 2009

• maggie is right that idea she told you helps out alot, and i have notice when i bend and put my head by my knees when i potty it won't sting and bathed helpped me out so i won't stink down there. but i hope she gets better soon that poor girl...
    Anonymous

• if she got those witch hazel wipes those work too, they're soothing
    KellyBelly89

Answer by KellyBelly89 at 2:07 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I think I just responded to this question. EPI-FOAM. It saved me after a serious episiotomy. You put a little foam on a witchhazel pad, and apply it right to the incision/tear site. ABSOLUTE MIRACLE STUFF. Call the doctor and request it.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 2:14 PM on May. 27, 2009

• poor thing. another hazzard of having an ob deliver your baby.
    Anonymous

• ok I know how she feels tell her to go get "Dermoplast" its a antiseptic spray, with pain reliever and its an antibacterial, helps prevent infection, relieves pain fast and itching, I went threw two cans in my 6 weeks, wish someone would have told me about this with my first child, really get it try it, it works and feels good when you spray it down there
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 2:41 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Oh and it doesnot hurt when you spray it
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 2:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• In addition to the great suggestions above, have her use a sitz bath and also use her Boppy or a hemorrhoid pillow to sit on until it starts feeling better. I hope she is feeling better soon!

Anonymous