how to help my sister after a hard birth and hurting down there??

ok so my sister gave birth a couple of days ago and she is a VERY tiny girl and when she was giving birth the baby got stuck on her pelvic bone and they had to tear her really bad and use forceps to pull the baby out well she is hurting badly down there and she asked the doctor how many stitches and he said about 45 wow she is in soo much pain is there anything else she can do to help they only gave her some foam and pain pills! is there anything else she can do?? thanks

Reneemommy

Asked by Reneemommy at 1:48 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Health

• Sitz baths help a LOT! She can also use dermoplast which is a topical spray that numbs and helps prevent infection.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:57 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If you want help from an herbalist message me.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 2:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• There are a few things that she can do. First, she can use Dermoplast spray to bring some relief to the area. The OB told me I could use this. I also did a sitz bath a few times a day. The midwives told me to use an herbal bath, and so I'd take a bath every day. These are the herbs that I used: New Momma Tush Soothing Bath. Two of the key herbs to use in the bath are comfrey and calendula, but I can't remember the others. Also make sure that she's using her peri-bottle. I also had to sit on a rubber inflatable ring for a while. Assure her that she will get better, but it's going to take some time, and she has every right to stay in bed for as long as she needs to.

evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 2:08 PM on May. 27, 2009

• EPI-FOAM! Get on the phone to the doctors and tell them you want EPI-FOAM. You put it on a witchhazel pad (like a Tucks) and put it right on the episiotomy/tear site. It is a miracle worker, and it will make it possible for her to get back into the swing of things. Best of luck to her!
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 2:10 PM on May. 27, 2009